Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Helllooooooo!

Remember me?  :)  

I thought I'd give you a quick snapshot of the last few months...

At the end of July, we went to Florida...my husband was able to perform our son's promotion to Captain.  I'm a proud mama, to say the least!!

We were so happy to be all together for this exciting event!


We decided to take advantage of being all together and being 15 minutes from a cruise port...we cruised to the Caribbean for a few days...it was HOT in July!! 

Surprisingly, we didn't take a lot of pictures...especially of each other.  Luckily, we have a few group shots from the cruise photographers.  It was soooo much fun and so many memories to cherish forever. 

In August...we welcomed a new family member.  This is Stella.  At the time, she was a 5 month old rescue and she is a big love bug.  I think I said this about Chloe too, but it's incredible how Stella fit in to our family so perfectly from the minute she walked in our house.  Someone from the shelter brought her over (we had to pass a home visit!) and she just started walking around like she owned the place.  We love her!  She's growing in to those ears!

Also in August, I had the opportunity to attend a lecture with Jenny Doan with the Carolina Pine Needle Quilt Guild in North Carolina.  Jenny was wonderful and inspiring, but the really great part about it, was going with my longtime internet friend, Fran (in pink).  I have "known" Fran for over 10 years through a Yahoo group we've belonged to.  I met her in person for the first time earlier this year, but this time we spent the weekend at her family's beach house and got to know each other even better.  So much fun! 

In late September, my mom came for a visit.  I made arrangements for her and I to attend two workshops with Bonnie Hunter at my former guild in Delaware.  I'm so thankful for the ladies of Helping Hands Quilt Guild...they've been so welcoming while I'm "back" here on the east coast.  My mom is going to kill me for posting this picture...but I think it's cute!  :)
pic borrowed from Bonnie Hunter!

I love taking workshops with Bonnie (or cruises! )...and this Talkin' Turkey quilt has been on my bucket list for a very long time!  Win win!! 

The second workshop was My Blue Heaven...
pic borrowed from Bonnie Hunter!

I also shared my half size Allietare with Bonnie...I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure how she felt about me altering her pattern.  :)
pic borrowed from Bonnie Hunter!
 Last week...we spent a few days camping in the Shenandoah National Forest.  It was so beautiful...I could have stayed for a few more weeks!!  :)  

Thank you for hanging in there with me.  In my next post, I'll catch up with quilty projects I've been working on over the summer.  I love this time of year...cooler temps, pumpkins, retreat time....and who can forget?  It's almost mystery quilt time!!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

9 comments:

  1. You have had some great things going on, Michelle. I knew you were still kicking when I saw your small quilt on Bonnie's blog. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great stuff to share!! I simply can't imagine my husband getting to promote our son in the air force. That had to have been so touching! And how did I miss you on Bonnie's blog?? I have My Blue Heaven printed out(and many, many others), but I haven't started it yet. Did you use the easy angle? Was it an easy pattern to follow??
    Thanks for sharing, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son. What a thrill it must have been for your husband to participate in his promotion! The cruise looked like it was a fabulous break for all of you.

    Bonnie Hunter is coming to our guild next year and I am so eager to meet her in person. It looks like you had fun with her and I know she love your Allietare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son, and to you and hubby as parents! I know you are very proud of him. Your Mom is so cute! I love taking Bonnie Hunter classes with my Mom also. Glad to see your update. Can't wait to read about the projects you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a very busy summer and made a lot of memories (as well as quilts) and that's what it's all about, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have had a lot of fun, Stella is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you back online and sounds like a very fun, busy summer for you. How fun was that to take classes with very nice quilting friends and national quilter people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a proud moment for you as parents. Congrats to your son on his promotion. What great fun to take a workshop with Bonnie! It's on my bucket list. Hopefully I'll get to do that sooner than later. You mini Allietaire is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've had a wonderful year full of family and fun. And I finally get to see what your real Mom looks like! lol
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!