Friday, May 20, 2016

Works in Progress

Like most quilters, I think...I have multiple projects going on at once!  There are just so many things I want to do!  I'm going to share a few I've been working on the last couple of months.

First up is my "Spoolin' Around" quilt.  My friend, Lisa, and I have been swapping fabric kits to make spools for TWO years.  We've been making them as leaders and enders all this time.  Finally when I needed only about 100 more of the 700ish blocks, I decided to get them all made and now I have my quilt top assembled!  Next up is to get a backing made and get it quilted.


I've been drooling over Lisa Bongean's crazy quilt candle mats for a very long time.  I finally broke down and bought one at her booth at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival this year.  The wool applique was easy enough and the "crazy" embroidery is challenging and rewarding.  I think I'm not doing a good job, then I come back a few days later and think, "Wow...that looks really good!"  This is a long term project as the embroidery stitches are slow going...but I'm loving every minute!


I recently pulled out this project from 2014...it's the block of the week from Primitive Gatherings, called Sunflower Gatherings.  I was farther along than I remembered and now I have all the blocks fused and only have three left to applique.  I have six of the pieced blocks left to assemble...then it's on to the borders!


Last but not least, I couldn't resist Buttermilk Basin's mystery block of the month again this year.  I loved last year's so much, I knew I couldn't miss out!  

It was pretty easy to figure out it was going to say "Let it Snow."

Once again, I'm loving it!






I can't wait to see what the next block will be!!  Of course, I think it'll be a "T," but what design will go with it?  :)

What are you working on? 

Happy Quilting!

~Michelle


7 comments:

  1. All beautiful projects! Doesn't it feel good to be FINISHING Sunflower Gatherings!? I've got the first border on and am doing the little stitching around the edges, and have the wool pieces for the whole border all prepped. So exciting to be close to the finish line on this one. SAL starting this fall on Primitive Garden if you want to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spool quilt! You are very patient to have been making the spools for two years.
    You can't go wrong with projects from Primitive Gatherings and Buttermilk Basin, two of my favorite companies (and designers). Love everything you have shared here, and I think your stitching looks really good!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spool quilt and even more special that it was done with your friend. Your wool projects are all so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty. I really like the candle mat.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spools look great, I sew them by hand. And the other projects look also very good. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spool quilt is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get my spools finished. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!